Carlson Survey gives users upgrades to core features like the coordinate database, Field-to-Finish coding and cut sheets, as well as new commands, including one to twist points to a 3D view, among its many additional improvements. Get Carlson Survey two ways: Either Carlson Survey 2014, which works on AutoCAD® versions 2004 to 2014 and comes with IntelliCAD® 7.2 built-in, or the recently released Carlson Survey 2014 Embedded AutoCAD®, which comes with the 2013 AutoCAD OEM engine built in.
Here’s a surveying software solution that is extremely versatile as well as a real time- and money-saver. As it always has, Carlson Survey works like a surveyor thinks. To learn more about Carlson, find a Carlson representative or dealer near you or request a fully functional 30-day product evaluation.
The #1 office software solution for surveyors in the United States, Carlson Survey is an easy-to-use, intuitive software that also provides upgrades such as added support for geodetic angles, distances and areas in its core survey commands and an enhanced 3D viewer window, which provides faster zoom, pan and rotate for larger models. The enhancement also enables view pivot around current view as opposed to just overall model center.
Carlson Survey delivers on customer feature requests with many useful improvements to existing commands along with many new commands. The user-interface has a fresh look with a score of new and updated icons, plus an optional ribbon toolbar.
Built on AutoCAD and IntelliCAD
Carlson Survey will run in AutoCAD® as well as AutoCAD® Map, Land Desktop and Civil3D and also on IntelliCAD.
Flexible data storage methods
Fix common drafting errors
Handy tools for working in AutoCAD® such as Join Nearest, Shrinkwrap Entities, Polyline Utilities, Drawing Inspector, Layer Inspector and Twist Screen
Supports industry standard LandXML and scores of specific data conversions
By triangulation or rectangular grids
One step triangulate and contour from 3D entities as well as contouring from surface files
Change surface display properties and adjust surface functions to add and remove points and breaklines and swap edges
Earthwork volumes between triangulation or grid surfaces
Tie cut/fill slopes from pad perimeter to surface, build pad surface, calculate and balance volumes, and edit pad parameters
Design and Edit Centerlines
Design or input alignments on screen or in dialog with graphics
Label Stations and Offsets
Annotate station and offsets along centerline and at selected points
Reports stations and offsets for selected points along centerline
Create Offset Points
Create points at specified stations and offsets
Flexible handling of the most complex spiral curves including â€œspiral-onlyâ€ elements going arc-spiral-arc, arc-spiral-line and line-spiral-line
From surfaces, screen entities, points on centerline, etc.
One step profile creation with real-time update while adjusting centerline
Enter profile data in dual spreadsheet and graphic window, and design in reference to controlling profile grade points
Draws profiles on grids or plan-profile sheets with auto-updating based on edits
Profiles To 3D
Create points and 3D polylines from profiles
User-defined import and export of point data along with conversions with specific other formats
Draw points with settings for symbols, layers and styles
Point group manager to define sets of point by filters
Coordinate File History
Tracks all changes to points with report and undo functions
Fix Point Label Overlaps
Finds point label overlaps with rule options to fix automatically
Utilities for modify point labels such as move with leader, twist and resize
Data Collection Interfaces
Upload and download to
popular data collectors
Spreadsheet editor for raw data with graphics and processing for traverse adjustments
Advanced network least-squares for total station, GPS and level data
Draw points with styles and in point groups set by point descriptions and draw linework by several flexible methods
Inspect all field-to-finish elements, see description source and re-draw based on descriptions edits
Streamlined inverse, traverse, sideshot, intersections, interpolation, translate, rotate, scale and align
Transform coordinates and screen entities between lat/lon and grid projections as well as local to local by Helmert and least-squares methods
Enter deed by description, read deed data from deed file, deed reports, deed correlation and generate legal description from drawing
Create custom cut sheet reports with reference grades and station-offsets
Customized area label styles and several methods to select areas to label
Sliding side area, hinged area, area radial from curve and bearing area cutoff
Lot definitions by point numbers with functions to create lots, conduct mapcheck for closure, edit in spreadsheet with graphics, report lots and draw lots
Size lots along alignment with controls for target area, setback and frontage
Offsets, Intersection and Cul-de-Sacs
Layout for ROW and EOP linework
Angle & Distance Labels
Flexible routines to label linework in all possible layout combinations plus available rules to automatically fix label overlaps and revise labels when entities move
Label curve data in stack, along arc or in table
Routines to create typical plat labels such as offset and building dimensions
Label spot elevations along an alignment
Draw special linetypes
The #1 office software solution for surveyors in the United States, Carlson Survey provides support in its latest release for AutoCAD® and comes with IntelliCAD® built-in. The following is a list of additional improvements:
- CRDB – New coordinate file format built on SQLite database for better performance than MDB.
- Search Published Control – New command to look up points from NGS geodetic control database.
- Edit-Process Raw File – Added method to display only selected point range and hide the rest.
- Field-To-Finish – Many new coding methods for tree surveys including coding by description sequence, by GIS attribute or by user-defined special characters. Also added method to draw circle for drip radius, method to draw circle for truck radius and method to draw polyline for treeline perimeter. Added function to generate tree table and reports based on tree coding in the point descriptions. For general point reports, added option to use the report formatter and include fields for the dwg description and code full name. For GIS labeling, added settings for decimal places and custom symbol attributes as reals. Also for GIS processing, added support for using GIS attribute for special codes such as horizontal offset. For ROT special code, added method to rotate by description using companion codes.
- Edit-Multiple Point Attributes – New user-interface with tabbed dialog. Added method to change attribute colors. Added ability to toggle visibility of attributes.
- Edit-Process Deed File – Added method to use label precision for calculating closure.
- Twist Screen Surveyor – Added option to use grid mapping angle.
- Inverse – Added option to report distances as delta north-south-east-west. Added option to report lat/lon. Added option whether to report coordinates.
- Draw Locate Points – Added method to create points by entering lat/lon.
- Bearing/Bearing Intersect – Added support for geodetic bearings.
- Distance Between Entities – Added average distance to the report.
- Map Check By Screen Entities – Added options whether to auto-select entities and set max offset.
- Best-Fit Point – New command to average points and report statistics.
- Cut Sheets – New spreadsheet interface, import from SurvCE and plan view labeling methods.
- Lot File Manager – Added function to hatch lots.
- Angle/Distance Annotation – Added settings for bearing quadrant labels. Added control for arrow size for end point leaders. Added separate settings for justification of angle and distance labels. Added option for prefix for distance labels.
- North Arrows – Added ability to add custom north arrow symbols.
- Label Coordinates – Added style for labels along X/Y axis.
- Label Lat/Lon – Added real-time display of lat/lon while picking points to label.
- Area Labels – Added option to use grid to ground conversion to label geodetic areas.
- Geodetic Single Proportion – New command to split line by proportion between record part and total distances.
- Geodetic Double Break – New command to break two intersecting lines based on mean bearing.
- Geodetic Middle Break – New command splits line to make lines with same geodetic length and mean bearing.
- Grant Boundary Adjustment – New command to apply Grant boundary adjustment on closed polylines.
“Carlson Survey does it all for us – it’s a big time saver on all different levels. Platting seems to be easier because bearings and distances work better. The topography works a lot better – you can get TOPOs out quicker and the changes are minimal. Field-to-Finish is better because it connects all the line work for you. It just makes the whole process a lot easier. Every surveyor should have Carlson in their cad toolbox! It’s the complete survey package with the best technical support on the market.”
– Reed Adams, LS
Director of Land Surveying, Koontz-Bryant
Your Choice of CAD
Carlson Survey is offered in two general product configurations:
- As a third-party “add-on” to AutoCAD® or “stand-alone IntelliCAD” through the included copy of IntelliCAD.
- As a “stand-alone AutoCAD” product which features an embedded AutoCAD “OEM” graphical engine.
For details on the underlying CAD engines, click here.